Benefits of Music! The Power of Healing: Music Quotes from the Famous

THE FAMOUS TELL US ABOUT MUSIC!


If you have ever had a great sorrow in your life, you may 

understand the powerful healing that can come from music. 

For me, singing and playing music has often gotten me 

through. There is nothing better than singing happy little 

songs with happy little children.

Take a look at these quotes about the healing qualities of

music from the website:




Friedrich Nietzsche
“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
― Friedrich NietzscheTwilight of the Idols
Bob Marley
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
― Bob Marley
George Carlin
“Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.”
― George Carlin

Victor Hugo
“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent”
― Victor Hugo
Paul McCartney
“And, in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make.”
― Paul McCartney
Taylor Swift
“People haven't always been there for me but music always has.”
― Taylor Swift
William Shakespeare
“If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.”
― William ShakespeareTwelfth Night
Bob Marley
“None but ourselves can free our minds.”
― Bob Marley
Albert Einstein
“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”
― Albert Einstein
Maya Angelou
“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.”
― Maya Angelou
Aldous Huxley
“After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
― Aldous HuxleyMusic At Night: And Other Essays
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”
― Arthur O'ShaughnessyPoems of Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Frank Zappa
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
Nicholas Sparks
“Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.”
― Nicholas SparksThe Last Song
tags: life , love , music , simile , song
Victor Hugo
“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.”
― Victor HugoWilliam Shakespeare
Kurt Vonnegut
“If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC”
― Kurt Vonnegut
Langston Hughes
“Life is for the living.
Death is for the dead.
Let life be like music.
And death a note unsaid.”
― Langston HughesThe Collected Poems

Friedrich Nietzsche
“We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
“Music is to the soul what words are to the mind.”
― Modest MouseModest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Albert Schweitzer
“The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats...”
― Albert Schweitzer

Plato
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination
and life to everything.”
― Plato

Ludwig van Beethoven
“Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy”
― Ludwig van Beethoven






Here are the words to a sweet mountain song that I sang for my son, Caleb, who I miss very much.

You are my flower
That's blooming on the mountain so high
You are my flower
That's blooming there for me.
(The Carter Family treasury of songs)


If you would like to hear this song performed in the old mountain way, I found it on video with Maybelle Carter (June Carter's mother and Johnny Cash's mother-in-law) playing the autoharp:





Advertising Disclosure: Magical Movement Company may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website. Thanks for your support!






Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

0 comments :

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig